BUP Book Award 2022 is now open!
BLOW UP PRESS announces the third edition of BUP Book Award – a competition for all photographers around the world, regardless their age, gender or nationality – which goal is to promote photobook as a way of expression.
We are looking for unique photo/visual art projects (not book dummies!) which are intended to be published as a book. No matter what technique you work in, no matter what subject you cover – let our jurors see your project and get it published as a book!
So if you believe your project is completed, don’t wait too long and submit it to the third edition of BUP Book Award contest!
Our jury will create a shortlist of the 20 best submissions at the beginning of April, 2022. The winner will be chosen by BLOW UP PRESS editors and announced on April 14, 2022. Good luck!
DEADLINE: February 28, 2022
> early bird till January 31: EUR 30.00
> February 1-28: 35.00 EUR
Remember: entry fee allows you to submit one project only. If you want to submit more, you have to fill out additional entry form and pay additional entry fee.
THE MAIN PRIZE INCLUDES
- Book design by Aneta Kowalczyk, an award-winning Polish book designer;
- Publication of the book by BLOW UP PRESS in a print run between 400 and 800 depending on the project complexity;
- Book distribution by BLOW UP PRESS and cooperating bookstores;
- Book exhibition during the key photo book shows in the world;
- Book submission to the most important competitions in the world;
Royalties: 10% of net profit and 30 copies of the printed book.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Cover entry fee (amounting EUR 30.00/project in early bird period or EUR 35.00/project after early bird) via PayPal.Me/BLOWUPPRESS or via bank transfer to DE94100110012622530765 (BIC/SWIFT code: NTSBDEB1XXX), owned by BLOW UP PRESS (Nowogrodzka 31, 00511 Warsaw, Poland), with your name and project title in the title;
- Send a complete submission (as a compressed file or a wetransfer link to download) to email@example.com. The submission must include:
- Payment confirmation,
- Filled submission form,
- Presentation of your project (30-40 numbered images in a .jpg format with longer side of 1500 pixels wide),
- Written description in English no longer than 3000 characters.
BY PARTICIPATING YOU DECLARE
- You are the sole owner of the submitted material.
- The submitted material does not infringe rights of any third party.
- The submitted material was never (self)published, nor offered for (pre)sale, nor confirmed for the publication by any existing publisher prior to submitting to the contest.
- You have all rights and permissions to publish the submitted material in a form of a book.
- You agree to use your personal data for the proper execution of the contest.
- All image and text rights must be secured upon submission to BUP Book Award.
In case of winning, you agree to use the submitting material in the marketing purposes in all media now known or later invented, in connection with the promotion of the contest and the book.
BLOW UP PRESS (BUP) established in 2012 is a family run publisher of photobooks and lens-based art books. Originally online publisher, BUP switched to paper in 2016. Since then it has become a recognisable producer of sophistically designed books dealing with thought-provoking topics, following the motto When the story matters. BUP collaborates with emerging and established photographers from around the world. Next to the books, BUP also publishes doc! photo magazine dedicated to contemporary photography. Since 2020, BUP organises annual contest BUP Book Award which goal is to promote photobooks as a way of communicate important subjects.
Arctic Paper S.A., leading European producer of high-quality graphic papers
doc! photo magazine, publication devoted to contemporary photography