BUP BOOK AWARD 2023 IS NOW OPEN!
The time has come. So let’s announce an open call to the fourth edition of our annual contest BUP Book Award. From now on we are waiting for your photography based projects from which one will become a real book.
BUP Book Award is a competition open to all photographers around the world, regardless their age, gender, nationality and so on, and so on. Its goal is to promote photobook as a way of expression. Remember, on the contrary to other photobook contests we are not accepting book dummies nor pdf’s. We will work on this together to make sure we have the best possible edit of your project and layout for your book to present it to the world.
So if you believe your project is completed, don’t wait too long and submit it to the BUP Book Award contest and let our jurors to go through it.
We do not have any preference regarding technique you work with. We do not have any preference regarding the subject you cover (but please, do not send us projects of funny cats although we love them or autumn leaves although they are so romantic). We want stories that matter and all people should know about them!
WITHIN THE AWARD
- You will sign a professional book publishing contract with BLOW UP PRESS, giving you 10% royalties and 30 copies of the printed book;
- Your project will be edited by BLOW UP PRESS editors and designed by Aneta Kowalczyk, our art director internationally known for her dedication to projects she works on;
- We will produce your book, publish it in a print run between 500 and 800 copies (depending on the project complexity) and then distribute, promote at leading book fairs and submit to the most important photobook competitions around the world.
Does it sound good to you? Then you are just 45 euros of entry fee away from the prize that may be your start to the international photo/art book market.
We know it's quite a lot, but think how much would it cost you to do it all yourself? And what's more, if you decide to enter the contest until the end of January, entry fee drops to 35 euros.
Still not satisfied? Then change the entry fee for one of BLOW UP PRESS publications!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Cover entry fee amounting EUR 35 (till January 31) or EUR 45 (afterwards till deadline) per project via PayPal.Me/BLOWUPPRESS (make it as a transfer to a friend or family member, please) or via bank transfer to DE94100110012622530765 (BIC/SWIFT code: NTSBDEB1XXX) with your name in the title;
- Alternatively, buy any publication in our online bookstore @ blowuppress.eu for at least EUR 35 (till January 31) or EUR 45 (afterwards till deadline) + delivery and add “BUP Book Award” in notes when checking out;
Send a complete submission (as a compressed file or a wetransfer link to download) to email@example.com. The submission must include:
- Payment confirmation,
- Filled submission form,
- Presentation of your project (30-50 numbered images in a .jpg format with longer side of 1500 pixels wide),
- Written description in English no longer than 3000 characters.
All submitted, verified and approved projects will be then evaluated by our professional international jury. Based on their ratings, we will create a short list of 20 projects which will reach the finals. From these 20 projects, BLOW UP PRESS editors will choose one that will turn into a book.
BY PARTICIPATING YOU DECLARE
- You are the sole owner of the submitted material;
- The submitted material does not infringe rights of any third party;
- The submitted material was never (self)published in a book format, nor offered for (pre)sale, nor confirmed for the publication by any existing publisher prior to submitting to the contest;
- You have all rights and permissions to publish the submitted material in a form of a book;
- You agree to use your personal data for the proper execution of the contest.
- And in case of winning, you agree to use the submitting material in the marketing purposes in all media now known or later invented, in connection with the promotion of the contest and the book.
Remember: entry fee allows you to submit one project only. If you want to submit more, you have to fill out additional entry form and pay additional entry fee.
All image and text rights must be secured upon submission to BUP Book Award.
January 10, 2023: start of the open call
January 31, 2023: early bird submission deadline (entry fee: EUR 35 per project)
March 5, 2023: regular submission deadline (entry fee: EUR 45 per project)
April 7, 2023: short list announcement
April 14, 2023: winner announcement
2024: book publication
WINNERS OF THE PREVIOUS EDITIONS
- Rebecca Topakian - Dame Gulizar and Other Love Stories (book in a preparation)
- Antonio Rodriguez - Tacaná (book in a preparation)
- Karolina Spolniewski - Hotel of Eternal Light (book in a preparation)
BUP Book Award is organised by BLOW UP PRESS, publishing house based in Warsaw, Poland, celebrating its 10th anniversary last year.
Arctic Paper S.A., leading European producer of high-quality graphic papers
doc! photo magazine, publication devoted to contemporary photography