BUP Book Award 2020 is now open!
Welcome to submit your project (NOT A DUMMY!)
BLOW UP PRESS announces the first edition of BUP Book Award – a competition for all photographers around the world, regardless their age, gender or nationality – which goal is to promote photo book as a way of expression.
We are looking for unique photo/visual art projects (not book dummies!) which are intended to be published as a book. No matter what technique you work in, no matter what subject you cover – let our jurors see your project and get it published as a book!
So if you believe your project is completed, don’t wait too long and submit it to the first edition of BUP Book Award contest!
Our jury will create a shortlist of the 20 best submissions at the beginning of April, 2020. The winner will be chosen by BLOW UP PRESS editors and announced on April 14, 2020. Good luck!
DEADLINE: March 10, 2020
ENTRY FEE: 30.00 EUR
You are just 30.00 EUR of entry fee away from the prize that may be your start to the international photo/art book market!
Remember: entry fee allows you to submit one project only. If you want to submit more, you have to fill out additional entry form and pay additional entry fee.
THE MAIN PRIZE INCLUDES
- Book design by Aneta Kowalczyk, an award-winning Polish book designer;
- Publication of the book by BLOW UP PRESS in a print run between 400 and 600 depending on the project complexity;
- Book distribution by BLOW UP PRESS and cooperating bookstores;
- Book exhibition during the key photo book shows in the world;
- Book submission to the most important competitions in the world;
Royalties of 10% and 30 copies of the printed book.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
BY PARTICIPATING YOU DECLARE
- You are the sole owner of the submitted material.
- The submitted material does not infringe rights of any third party.
- The submitted material was never (self)published, nor offered for (pre)sale, nor confirmed for the publication by any existing publisher prior to submitting to the contest.
- You have all rights and permissions to publish the submitted material in a form of a book.
- You agree to use your personal data for the proper execution of the contest.
- All image and text rights must be secured upon submission to BUP Book Award.
In case of winning, you agree to use the submitting material in the marketing purposes in all media now known or later invented, in connection with the promotion of the contest and the book.
BLOW UP PRESS, publishing house based in Warsaw (Poland), specialising in photo books
Arctic Paper S.A., leading European producer of high-quality graphic papers
doc! photo magazine, publication devoted to documentary photography
fotopolis.pl, Poland's biggest photography portal